IMMUNIZE NEBRASKA Ninth Annual Immunization Conference
IMMUNIZE NEBRASKA holds its Ninth Annual Immunization Conference on Friday, June 1 at the Ramada Plaza and CoCo Key Water Resort, 3321 South 72nd Street, Omaha. Among the topics to be discussed are recent updates to the Childhood and Adult Immunization Schedule in the U.S.; key issues surrounding the safety of vaccines; post-polio syndrome and worldwide polio eradication efforts; and the benefits and risks of vaccine use during pregnancy and lactation. More information and a detailed schedule can be found by clicking here.
Dr. Archana Chatterjee, CU School of Medicine’s Chief, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases talks about the conference and the five top things that parents should remember to do during the summer months when it comes to immunizations. Here is the list:
1. Find your child’s (and your own) immunization records.
2. Check with your health care provider to see if your child (and you), are fully immunized (up to date).
3. If not, set up appointments to update your child’s (and your own) immunizations.
4. If you have a child in daycare or preschool, check on their policies for attendees and workers regarding immunizations.
5. If you plan to welcome a new baby into your family (by birth or adoption), check on and update the immunization status of all family members and others who will be in close contact with this new baby.