OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — A judge says he will not accept a no contest plea from a man accused of killing four people in Omaha last summer.
Douglas County District Judge Peter Bataillon said during a Tuesday hearing that he wouldn't accept the plea from 27-year-old Nikko Jenkins because of the severity of the case. He says Jenkins would have to plead guilty. Jenkins declined.
Jenkins is charged with four counts of first-degree murder in connection to the killings last August. He has previously pleaded not guilty.
Jenkins, who is representing himself in the case, repeatedly said during the hearing that he wanted to plead no contest to all the charges against him. His trial is scheduled to start in July.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.